Sorting barriers and enablers
After the group had identified the three focus areas for Relationships First, we moved into our working groups. The groups then worked to describe their theme and decide on a name.
The Healing Trauma theme included the following areas of focus.
Description: Using an approach that shows understanding and knowledge about the impact of trauma on young people leaving care.
Enablers / barriers under this theme:
- Not understanding developmental stages of young person who has experienced trauma
- Conflicting organisational agendas, values and practices
- Knowledge about the impact of trauma on young people’s behaviour
- Level of support linked to need, not age
- Lack of understanding of impact of trauma on young people’s behaviour